April 26, 2011

Job Shadow - Guest Editor

Tahoka ISD senior, Skyler McCleskey spent the day with Poka Lambro's PR/Marketing department as a part of her Senior Job Shadow day. She wrote a fantastic blog for us... check it out!!! 


Hello,
               My name is Skyler McCleskey and I am a senior at Tahoka High School. Today, I had the privilege to Job Shadow Amy Preston and Brenda Gillespie at Poka Lambro. While spending the day there I had the opportunity to observe and experience hands-on learning. I plan on majoring in Mass Communications at Texas Tech University; after graduation I want to pursue a career in Public Relations.
Amy and Brenda are great mentors they taught me a lot about the career they do every day. They gave me great insight into the Public Relations world; sharing the knowledge and skills they have picked up over the years. Participating in this job shadow day has made my decision on what I want to do in the future that much easier.
               I couldn’t have asked for better mentors. The two I had were great! I would recommend them to future job shadowies. They are fun and outgoing people; they made me feel very welcomed. I can only hope for future employers as wonderful as these two!            


We enjoyed sharing our day with Skyler! Good luck Seniors 2011! 

No comments:

Post a Comment